Try Puzzle Time:
When the household is unsettled, groceries are needing put away speedily, dinner made--when you need a distraction for your children rather than turning on the television, here's a trick that works.
- Announce it is "puzzle time".
- Have all of their puzzles at hand and stack them in piles, one pile per child.
- Say "Go!" and step back for some fast puzzle putting-to-together.
- When they have finished doing each of the puzzles in their pile, they trade with a sibling.
- It always starts as a game to the finish but ends up occupying them while they talk, laugh, make up their own games, and begin playing with the individual pieces.
the sleep time gal