I've been loving having this moist, healthy chocolate chip blondie around when less healthy options are staring me in the face.
There are a couple things I love about this recipe:
1. The list of ingredients. Chickpeas, peanut butter, a few healthy sweeteners, no flour, and your choice of chocolate chips. That's it.
2. These blondies can be made up in one bowl (the food processor bowl) and thrown in the oven in literally minutes.
3. They are low carb, vegan, dairy-free + sugar-free (based on your choice of chips), and an awesome alternative to sugary blondies.
4. They are soft, moist and gooey in the center!
5. These are awesome treats to make for your kids if you're trying to wean them from sugary treats, for after a workout, or bagged up for your purse to enjoy at a social outing when you want to control what you're eating. (Check out the nutritional facts in the recipe below!)
(Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen's blondies.)
Soft Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
I'd love to hear what you think of this recipe. I served these squares of blondies to the kids along side some whole milk plain yogurt for breakfast.
Don't be afraid to EAT the way you WANT to eat--it just means being prepared with healthy alternatives in your home and for when you're out and about and sugary-cravings or less nutritious options tempt you.
Be HEALTHY for you. Help your kids be healthy. And LIVE BOLDLY.